Re: [teacherartexchange] Advice Please...rowdy kids

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 15:47:00 PDT

Rick Larson wrote:

> During class, I give warnings, and if necessary will walk a student out
> the door to discuss the problem. Then reward them with the art bucks
> when they're good.

When I was back in KC we went to a favorite Chinese restaurant.
As I left I talked to the bartender (Lao). He was my student
25 years ago. He gave me a bag full of fortune cookies for the
grandkids. He said it was to pay me back for all the "Duncan
Dollars" I gave him back then. I had my face on the dollars
back then. Make the rewards fun and it will pay off now and
well into the future.
                                        Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque