Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Advice Please...rowdy kids

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 15:47:00 PDT

Rick Larson wrote:

> During class, I give warnings, and if necessary will walk a student out
> the door to discuss the problem. Then reward them with the art bucks
> when they're good.

When I was back in KC we went to a favorite Chinese restaurant.
As I left I talked to the bartender (Lao). He was my student
25 years ago. He gave me a bag full of fortune cookies for the
grandkids. He said it was to pay me back for all the "Duncan
Dollars" I gave him back then. I had my face on the dollars
back then. Make the rewards fun and it will pay off now and
well into the future.

	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703