[teacherartexchange] Help for Student Art Exhibitions - plus job openings

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 07:39:05 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Many ask the list questions about setting up your Art Shows. Here is a
publication from NAEA that may answer many of your questions. I am
including ordering information this time since several asked me off
list how to order from NAEA. Several other NAEA publications are
listed on the Job Openings page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/jobs.htm

Student Art Exhibitions

ORDER NO. 268

Student Art Exhibitions: New Ideas and Approaches

Bill Zuk and Robert Dalton, Editors. The display of student art is
much more than pictures on a wall and an eye pleasing arrangement;
this is a text that conveys a great deal about the ideas and
accomplishments of both teachers and students. New thinking on goals
and methods of student art exhibitions allows us to more thoughtfully
construct that text and invites educators to share 'best practices.'
Student Art Exhibitions: New Ideas and Approaches includes sections
on: cultural and historical perspectives; students as curators;
planning and presenting an exhibition; pedagogical exhibitions and
advocacy; and new venues on the web.

88 pgs. {2001} ISBN 1-890160-18-0
$18.00; Member Price 12.00

ORDER INFORMATION: Payment must accompany order. Shipping and
Handling: Canadian add 25%; foreign add 40% shipping. Virginia
residents add 5% sales tax U.S. shipping/handling: : up to $10.00
$3.00; $10.01 - $20.00 $4.00; $20.01 - $35.00 $5.00; $35.01 -
$70.00 $7.50; over $70.00 $9.50. PREPAID ORDERS: All orders under
$75 must include payment. All orders from bookstores must be prepaid.
NO RETURNS will be accepted unless order was damaged or incorrectly
filled. ALL CLAIMS must be made in writing within 30 days of
delivery. INVOICED ORDERS: Orders over $75 may be invoiced and must
be accompanied by a purchase order. Mail to: National Art Education
Association, 1916 Association Drive, Reston, VA 20191-1590. FAX/PHONE
ORDERS using Visa and MasterCard may be faxed to 703-860-2960 or by
toll free phone to 800-299-8321 (8:30am to 4pm EST).
Dr. Hatfield sends me job openings about once a week.... Keep checking the file.
I don't always post the updates. Now I am only posting the file
updates when he sends me a Publication that is of interest.

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/