Re: [teacherartexchange] teacher's borrowing from us

---------

From: gail kizis (smokealarm7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 20:11:07 PDT

i politely smile and tell them that the art dept is not the hobby lobby (or
home depot) for the building and all supplies i have are for student use
only.
i also do not let students swing by my room during the day to borrow
markers, poster board, etc. for a project they neglected until 7:30 am on
the day it is due.
i have a strict "i don't give or loan art supplies policy"
i also don't do calligraphy for other people in the building for their
award certificates etc.
just do not have the time.
gosh, when we have to have fund raisers just to get the basics, why should I
supply the whole high school. let them have their own fundraiser.
geez!
have a great year!
nancy in north tx