[teacherartexchange] teacher's borrowing from us

---------

From: croberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 10:45:15 PDT

You know...teachers wanting to borrow our good supplies is always a problem,
unless they have a budget or general supply room. All the teachers seem to
thing the art teacher's room is the "base supply room"...and they don't
hesitate to ask for anything...even your best supplies...and even with our
"budget scrunch".

I tried keeping a "sign out" list...and they'd swear they returned the
brushes, heavy duty stapler, glue gun, glue sticks, etc. ...or they'd tell
me that someone came in and borrowed it from them...and I was never able to
track things down unless the teacher actually returned it.

So...I started keeping a box of old supplies, including a set of old
scissors, an old hot glue gun, old rulers with no metal strips left, old
bottles of glue, old used colored pencils, old makers...you know those that
are drying up but still have a bit of us, a shoebox full of broken crayons
(you know the students want NEW crayons at the beginning), etc....but you
get the point. These were the things I would lend out...and keep the good
stuff for my students to use in the art room.

Carolyn