Re: [teacherartexchange] mixed classes

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 04:57:33 PDT

Cut paper projects, embossing and painting are what comes to mind
immediately because they are also tactile. For painting you could also add
dimensional objects to the canvas to be painted over. Google with the words
"schools for the blind art" and there were several sites. Kansas has a
school for the blind, and the art teacher that teaches there comes to the
KAEA conference every year. If she is at this year's I will ask her for an
idea of her curriculum - the conference isn't until the end of October. This
would be a good thing to have for that "just in case" because you never know
what special needs you are going to have to address, so I am interested in
how you work with this blind student.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids