Re: [teacherartexchange] mixed classes

---------

From: debbie nicholas (dkaynik_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 04:18:15 PDT

My student is in drawing class and is not just legally
blind. He has been blind since birth so I can't
really tell him to draw something as he remembers. I
think I will put his paper in a frame so he has a
concept of the edge. I can also use the Matisse
method of the aide telling him the color of the paper
and he can cut and arrange shapes. He can't do that
all year.

What is upsetting to me is that the academic advisors
and his self-contained teachers knew he would be in an
upper level art class since last May. I didn't find
out until yesterday. Don't you love when they spring
things on us - then they wonder why I always say I
have the best department in the entire school. They
expect miricles constantly.

debbie