RE: [teacherartexchange] wanted: art breakers...

---------

From: Theresa Parker (tlparker77_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 18:08:43 PDT

Hi Leah~
Something I've tried that students have had fun with in the first days back:
After a discussion about different ways to think about art, have students
create a drawing of an imaginary bird. Place names of different birds on
the board, or write on slips of paper that they pull out of a basket:
turtledove, catbird, cowbird, yellowhammer, fork-tailed swift,
golden-crowned sparrow, flycatcher, mud hen, secretary bird, etc. Ask
students to choose one type of bird that they haven't seen before and draw
an imaginary bird that matches the name, showing what the bird likes to do.
For instance, a secretary bird could be holding a phone, drinking coffee,
shuffling papers at a desk. This could be done with fish or bugs as well.

Theresa
Gig Harbor, WA

i would like to<br>&gt;throw in some &quot;art breakers&quot; art realted
games and mini projects, Leah from Colorado<br>&gt; - presently in
Freeport NY, missing my mountians in a major<br>&gt;way!