Re: [teacherartexchange] Parents Open House

---------

From: Lorna Pezanelli (lornacp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 10:31:35 PDT

Deb,

Thanks for the info and the web site address. The "names" project sounds
good, and the web site you suggested had many ideas for name drawings. I
particularly liked the one on names in perspective. Last year, I did a
lesson with my Gr. 4 kids where they had to draw write their first names
in large letters (12x18 paper) and then draw smaller objects that began
with each letter in their names. This lesson combines literacy and art,
the kids enjoyed it very much, and they looked wonderful! After they
were taken down, the classroom teachers taped them to the front of each
student's desk to help learn names. Should I send this lesson to Judy
Decker for the IAD?

Thanks again for your help. I'm definitely going to put some of these
ideas to use!

Lorna in MA