[teacherartexchange] Parents Open House

---------

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 08:54:11 PDT

Hi Lorna and all,

I don't know if you were a member when I posted this before.....
Names ideas:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/names.htm
I found this in Google

Here is a link I found in Google for Art Open House ideas:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/ArtNight.htm

I posted an idea of doing some self portraits - then displaying an
Acrostic poem with the portrait. Includes character ed words, too. I
didn't save my post....but here is an example of an Acrostic poem for
Deborah (includes meaning of name "bee" and honest").

Dedicated
Educating all
Busy as a bee
On task
Respecfully
Answering questions
Honestly

Jeryl H. does some skills assessment drawings. Students draw a house,
a tree and a person (in any creative way they can). I think she got
the idea originally from the list. She has them do this skills
assessment every year, saves them and then hands them back when they
move out of elementary. (this was posted to one of the Yahoo lists).

Lots more can be found in Getty archives... add TeacherArtExchange
when you enter your key words.

Deborah