[teacherartexchange] Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund Teacher Program

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 08:03:50 PDT

Dear TeacherArtExchange Members,

Don't miss this opportunity.... Many Getty list members have been
awarded Japan Fulbright Scholarships. Meryl Weber sent me her
lesson plans - inspired by Japanese Kimonos.... and they are just
beautiful! I will get those shared soon.

http://www.iie.org/jfmf

This was just posted to Net Gold list.

Subject: Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund Teacher Program

"Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund Teacher Program"

The Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund Teacher Program (JFMF) provides U.S.
primary and secondary school teachers and administrators with the opportunity
to participate in three-week study visits to Japan and to return home with
a follow-on plan designed to introduce Japanese culture to American
students. Each year, up to 600 teachers and administrators,
including participants from all 50 states and the District of Columbia,
are selected to participate in the JFMF program. The JFMF Program features
an orientation to Japan followed by visits to primary and secondary
schools, teacher training colleges, cultural sites, and industrial facilities.
Meetings with Japanese teachers and students and a homestay with a Japanese
family are also key components of the program.

Participants return home to share their new knowledge with students,
colleagues, and the local community, ensuring that more than just the
individual participants profit from the experience. As an additional benefit to
participants, graduate level credits are also available. The deadline
for applications for the 2006 program is December 10, 2005.

http://www.iie.org/jfmf
Make sharing your experience via the Web part of your proposal. I will
be happy to put up an Art Room on Incredible Art Department to
showcase your student work and your experience. Just let me know in
advance that your have included me (smile).

If anyone is awarded a scholarship as a result of this post, please
share one lesson plan with Incredible Art Department.

Regards,

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department