[teacherartexchange] Art Bulletin Board Ideas

---------

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 07:47:36 PDT

Hi Group,

I know there are a lot of "newbies" here. I thought a good topic to
bring up would be Art Bulletin Board ideas....

Here is one that came across one of the other lists.

From Renee:

My students drew a huge picture of one of Van Gogh's
self-portraits (One where he is smoking a pipe) and
put it on my door, colored it in Van Gogh style with
oil pastels. Next they put a Santa hat on him (It was
December) Then they spelled out "Van Gogh's top ten
Christmas wishes". They then had to look up information
on him so that the wishes matched his biography.
Students came up with some of the following: An ear
muff that fits me, a good therapist, to sell more
artwork, a roommate I won't fight with.....They added
these to the door.

We came back one day to find our
door decoration down and a note that Van Gogh was on
out of school detention for a tobacco violation. The
note said if they wanted Van Gogh back they had to
find the answers to the following questions regarding
tobacco and alcohol use. They had to turn the answers
into the counselor. (You come up with the questions - get with the
guidance counselor to play along).

We looked up the answers on the Internet and got him
back. I thought it was a cute way to teach both art and
healthy choices.

Renee