Re: [teacherartexchange] Theme for the Year

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 20:46:35 PDT

I just ordered that new book called "Engaging the Adolescent Mind" - glad to
hear that it is outstanding. It has actually already arrived at my school
and is sitting in one of the many boxes that arrived over the summer with
the supplies for the start of the year.....(we don't start until the day
after Labout Day - which this year is September 6!)....so, I haven't seen it
yet, and it's quite a commute to the school, so I will just have to wait to
see it - although if it is that good, maybe I want to go and get it!!

Has anyone seen/read "Arts with the Brain in Mind" by Eric Jensen (I
think) - I saw this is the catelogue also, but I know nothing about
it....apparently something about how art affects the learninig process and
suggestions on incorporating them into every classroom...

Sue