[teacherartexchange] legal issues

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 17:09:35 PDT

My son and I went to Europe in 1978. The person we went to visit in London,
who had been calling me and demanding that I go there because he said he was
sick, said to me, "Don't put an American flag on your backpack. No one
here likes Americans." But I put a flag on my back pack anyway and we
traveled safely through Europe, just my 12 year old son and me, to youth
hostels. The only one who gave me trouble was the person we went to visit.
I got a bladder infecton because of him and that partially spoiled out trip.
It is very confusing when that happens. I was so out of it that I wandered
out into a sewage outfall on the Riviera in spite of warnings by the local
people and signs posted. I don't know what that has to do with art, except
that we visited a lot of beauitiful cathedrals that I had learned about in
modern architecture class at Swarthmore and I finally got to see some flying
buttresses.

Jean Womack