[teacherartexchange] Early Childhood / Elementary Resources & Advice?

---------

From: Carol K. (chudrlik_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 10:43:19 PDT

Hi everyone. I have been mostly a lurker for the past few years & I am
now going into my first year teaching elementary at four different
schools. I think most of my classes will be with the younger grades and
I am compiling resources for Pre K and Kindergarten in particular.
These are the websites I have so far:

http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/early/early.html
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/elemlessons.html
http://www.kinderart.com/
http://www.kinderstart.com/learningactivitiesandcrafts/
http://www.allthedaze.com/
http://www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/fil/pages/listkindersu.html
http://www.kconnect.com/kc-lesplan.html
http://www.hpedsb.on.ca/ec/est/kprog/kindergarten.htm
http://www.crayola.com/educators/lessons/index.cfm
http://www.anderson4.k12.sc.us/schools/les/art/art.htm
http://home.sprintmail.com/~peggyriehl/prcurrcont.htm
http://www.vermontartscouncil.org/hsap/documents/webliography.PDF

I have heard that "Artful Scribbles" and "A Handbook of Arts and Crafts"
are good books to have on hand.
Does anyone have any other favorite books or websites you like to
reference?
I have (& love) these books: Emphasis Art, The First Days of School, The
Art Teacher?s Book of Lists, A Survival Kit for the Elementary/Middle
School Art Teacher.

I would also be interested in any behavior management strategies to use
with Pre K.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Carol K.