[teacherartexchange] Quotes for the Day - Art and Gratitude

---------

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 07:44:04 PDT

Hi Group,

Here are some favorite places to look for Art Quotes:

Arts Quotes:
http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/explore/qts.cfm

Art Quotes - Painters Key:
http://www.painterskeys.com/quotations.asp

Quotes with more resources:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/quotes.htm

On Gratitude:

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present
and not giving it." ~ William Arthur Ward

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest
appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." ~ John
Fitzgerald Kennedy

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and
creates a vision for tomorrow." ~ Anonymous

"Good men and bad men differ radically. Bad men never appreciate
kindness shown them, but wise men appreciate and are grateful. Wise
men try to express their appreciation and gratitude by some return of
kindness......" ~ Buddha

And you are all right....

"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a
right to expect" ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I have no expectation of thank yous posted to list for what I share
for everyone - nor do I want thank yous posted here. Much of what I do
for list members is sent off list to save all of you from deleting my
posts. I believe it is a courtesy (and sign of respect) to acknowledge
the email was received. So I agree to disagree (smile).

If you want to reply to me, send it off list (kaye.deborah@gmail.com).

Deborah