Re: [teacherartexchange] my desks(or lack thereof)

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 06:13:53 PDT

I posted a few days ago that my order for desks to
replace the semi-legless tables had been denied - well
from what I can tell my principal stepped up and
apparently used his own fund (from selling slushies at
lunch)to get the desks! And they are letting me keep
the few undamaged tables for workspace.
(although the superintendant who denied the order got
us raises and other things we needed so absolutely no
complaints there!)

So - new dropped ceiling and lights, the custodian
painted all my cabinets that I'd offered to paint, and
new desks. New table easels, new digital camera,
Akuacolor inks (the price has come down), a few
chainmaille jewelry supplies from Canada, small
carving stones and tools - I am really looking forward
to the year. And the older ladies at my church are
collecting yarn from all their "stashes" for me too.
So I'm feeling appreciated and supported which isn't a
bad way to start a year.