[teacherartexchange] Mixed class: Art i & 2

---------

From: Y.R. Brown (yrbrownarted_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 01:25:26 PDT

A few members of this list have helped me and I
believe one of the tips I received was to have more
advanced students re-do work that they've done before.

I like the idea of revisiting older work and perhaps
reworking those images. The students could also
collage several old works with new work ( another
great tip from this list).

The more advanced students can create a new or old
work in 3 to 4 different techniques or medias. For
example a pencil drawing can be redone in ink, oil
pastel and maybe a lino-cut.

The students could create an artist book of their
work. They could also serve as tutors one day a week
for the new students. I'd have the new students sign
up for tutoring 2-3 days in advance.

You could also have the advanced students create and
maintain a research library in the class. You could
have them build hotlist of internet sites that relate
to the theme, technique or medium under study.

I hope this helped. Good luck.

Y.R.Brown