Re: [teacherartexchange] On line Classes

---------

_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 19:08:55 PDT

Try Fresno Pacific University (Introduction to Computers for Teachers/Steve
Young); Performance Learning Systems (PLS)-offers a wide-range of classes
and Olivet Nazarene University (Chicago area) offers the Lee Canter courses.
The PLS classes are offered throughout the year and these are classes you
attend in groups of about 25-40 people once-a-week for about five weeks or
so and are very good. The Fresno Pacific classes are "at-home" classes you
do when you can (they give you a year to complete them) and the Lee Canter
classes are very good (they send you a video and a workbook). PLS classes
cost approximately $495 each; Canter classes about the same, maybe a little
less; and Fresno varies. The computer class I just finished cost $325. All
are 3-credit graduate classes.
I must say, though, that "Computers for Teachers" was quite painless!! I
guess I know more about computers than I thought! :)