RE: [teacherartexchange] legal issues with students

---------

From: Deb (surreal70_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 06:33:52 PDT

Betty Do you have a teachers union? Contrary to what others may think teachers have rights too - like the right to work in a safe, non-harassing environment. I do agree that the NEA can help but if you have a union you may be entitled to free legal counsel. In our school some of the teachers have had to go it alone, such as civil court, to receive compensation. It all depends upon how much damage you received($) and what state you live in. Don't give up. There are those that would prefer that you give up. Teachers shuld not have to pay for this kind of thing and kids should be helc responsible. Deb/Kent