Re: [teacherartexchange] legal issues with students

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 23:01:21 PDT

Betty,

We have had this type of thing happen in our school
distict. If a police report was made you should
approach your cities district attorney or county
attorney and get some action going that way. The
other option is to take it to civil court and ask for
restitution. Even if they are juvies in some states
parents can be held accountable for the damages. You
do have options. Harrassment charges could be filed
if continue behavior directed towards you continues.
With all that has happened with students and violence
most law enforcement are taking these issues very
seriously. Consult an attorney.

JPridie