Re: [teacherartexchange] Getting back our members

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 22:09:16 PDT

I also go back monday and today discovered that the
order for new desks my principal requested for me was
rejected.

The wobbly rickety tables I have always had started
dropping LEGS last semester, and they couldn't be
fixed without welding so maintenance just tossed them
in the corner of my already crowded small room. So by
the end of the semester I had 21 kids at three tables
which was impossible. I set up a TV/VCR in the corner
with all my art history videos and took turns letting
somebody "watch TV" (any art video they chose) every
hour. It was awful.

So today I discovered the broken tables were put BACK
into my room after having been removed for summer, but
since they can't STAND UP they are top-down, like one
on top of my desk even.

It will be interesting to see what I will end up with.