Re: [teacherartexchange] Getting back our members

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 19:56:43 PDT

Me either. I go back Monday, and I am SO not ready! I went in today to get
trained on this Interactive Long Distance learning class I am going to be
teaching (the IDL class I was asking about earlier this summer). My lab is
ALMOST ready to go - I have a HUGE television in my room, I will have an
Elmo by next week, and I'm trying to get a VCR/DVD for it while the
administration is "setting me up for success". I have an Averkey, so I'm not
worried about sharing powerpoints and presentations I have on the computer.
BUT when I talked to the other school today for the first time, the
"facilitator" (basically just someone hired to sit in the room and make sure
the students stay out of stuff they aren't supposed to be in) informed me
that I needed to come up with a plan for storing art supplies there. I about
spewed! I told her whatever works for them, but they were responsible for
storing the art supplies - they are, after all, 90 miles away! I still don't
have my chalkboard hung back up from when they painted my walls, but the
positive is that I'm refusing to stress about this! :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids