[teacherartexchange] Updates to Incredible Art Department - Masks and more

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 11:22:42 PDT

Dear TeacherArtExchange Members,

There have been numerous lesson updates to Incredible Art Department.
Most of the new lessons are linked on this page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/NEWLESSONS.html
New lessons are listed at the top of each section. I have added
adaptations to other lessons that are not shown here.

Temporary link for Laurie Reber's Body Art/Sculpture Lesson Plan:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Laurie-bodyart.htm
Links for cultural body art will be added (I need to update those).
If this lesson sounds familiar - it is because I have shared it often
with the lists (smile). I hope I hooked Laurie to submitting her
version of it. My version will be tacked on to her lesson.

Temporary link for Stacie Mich's African Art - Masks Unit plan:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Stacie-Masks.htm

Here is a Masks Handout that will not be linked to the site:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/masks-handout.doc

I don't remember who shared this originally (but know I can find the
name in my original post made to the Yahoo lists). This hand-out will
only be available for a short time as it is a large Word file.

I haven't done a very good job listing new links that have been
added... I encourage anyone who wants links that I find to join one of
the Yahoo groups as I won't be posting those updates here for a while.

I will try to post lesson updates occasionally here.

Those of you in the job market will want to check the Art Teacher
Openings in Selected States file for updates - Dr. Hatfield sends
those weekly:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/jobs.htm

I am still receiving requests from members to post their message to
the list... Please send your own messages. All you have to do is
change to PLAIN TEXT and your message will go through.

If anyone is looking for Marty Reid - of Square 1 Art Fundraiser, she
has joined Art Education Yahoo list. We are glad to have her there.

Regards,

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department