[teacherartexchange] Classroom Connect Seminar

---------

From: Kimberly Hutts (kimberly_hutts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 10:43:18 PDT

Dear Friends,

I am coordinating a Classroom Connect Seminar through
the Art Institute of Chicago and thought that I would
let you know about this wonderful opportunity to earn
CPDUs while learning how to incorporate art into your
curriculum. Additional information about the seminar
can be found below this message.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are
interested in attending. Also, feel free to pass this
message along to anyone else that you think might be
interested. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Kimberly Butts

Additional information about the Classroom Connect
Seminar Offered by The Art Institute of Chicago:

Classroom Connect is a seminar available for teachers,
art volunteers in the classroom, pre-service students,
and other educators interested in learning how the Art
Institute can help you to create practical
applications for the classroom. Classroom Connect is
conducted throughout the school year. Please schedule
at least two months in advance. For more information,
call (312) 443-3719 or e-mail trc@artic.edu.

Fee: $12 per person ($6 per pre-service student)
Group size:15?150 educators
3 CPDUs

Seminar Structure
30 minutes: Introduction to the Teacher Resource
Center and teacher programs
Educators get an orientation to the resources and
programs offered at the Art Institute.

1.5 hours: Object-based learning activities in the
galleries
Educators learn how to engage students with works of
art through gallery activities and group discussion
led by education staff.

45 minutes: Curriculum connections
In round-table discussions, educators brainstorm ways
to incorporate specific works of art into their
classroom curriculua.

15 minutes: Wrap-up and evaluation