Re: [teacherartexchange] High School lessons w/o a sink

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 08:23:34 PDT

I'll bet you already have lessons that would work well with a bit of
tweaking. Many painting lessons can easily be adapted using oil
pastels, colored pencils, and pastels (I liked Nupastel because it was
much less dusty). The students can clean their hands with baby wipes or
by dipping paper towels into a bucket of clean water. Citrus D-SolvIt
or CitruSolv are non toxic cleaners that can be used on skin to clean
off oil pastel.

If you need inspiration, there are plenty of wonderful lessons on IAD.
Look also at Bunki Kramer and Ken Schwab's sites. Bunki's a MS teacher
whose lessons are easily adapted up or down different grade levels (and
I'm speaking from experience). Ken has fantastic lessons for a variety
of HS levels.

Maggie