Re: [teacherartexchange] Book - Lives of the Artists: Masterpieces, Messes

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 08:45:17 PDT

Great book suggestion, thanks from me too!

I have struggled with getting "lives of artists" into
my curriculum consistently. So this spring I asked the
awesome new librarian to look for artist bios or other
novelized stories of artists with accellerated reader
points. So she found some with existing accellerated
reader tests and will write others herself. We were
suprised to find artist bios few and far between on
the middle-school level. Lots for elementary though.

So now she can give me a list of kids who have read
those books and passed the AR test and I can give them
bonus points!

Having a great librarian has changed the whole
atmosphere of our school.

PS- its great to be back on the list, I've taken all
morning trying to catch up!