[teacherartexchange] Another idea for beginning of school

---------

From: croberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 07:00:00 PDT

I did a lesson in middle school that went over great. I had the students
lay down on a large piece of white bulletin board paper...then they drew
around each other...then drew in the features and colored them. These were
displayed along the halls...especially before the first PTA meeting.

But another MS art teacher collected several large pieces of cardboard and
had some of the students do the same thing. So along with some of the
pictures posted in the hallway...she had the cardboard figures standing the
bushes outside the school...so that everyone saw them as they entered for
either Open House or PTA.

There were great!
Carolyn