[teacherartexchange] TEAM theme lesson ideas

---------

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 17:26:58 PDT

Hi Dana and all,

I can think of lots of collaborative lesson ideas.... I will just list
a few ideas now for start of the school year.

How about a group mural where the theme is written in large bold
letters on roll paper. Leah did this last year. Here is a picture from
link I saved:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/artnight.htm

Younger kids could each do a square for this mural. Older kids might
do a famous painting or portrait of the principal and then you
assemble the pieces.

A popular idea is Round Robin drawing. Each student draws for a few
minutes - then pass drawing to the right... keep adding to the drawing
and passing till the original artist has their paper back.

Deborah