Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] on using portfolios

From: Linda Watson (lsw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 16:55:46 PDT

That's a great idea! Did you punch a holes in the cardboard on each
side? I also like the idea of decorating them. These would be strong
enough to store upright between my filing cabinet and the wall; maybe have
a tab of some sort at the top for their names; in fact, I could assign a
cardboard tab project where they would have to create a decorative
nameplate. It could be taped on with easy to remove tape so if I wanted to
feature a student's work, the nameplate would be already made to identify
their work. (We have locked display cabinets in the hallway outside the
art rooms.

Thanks again!

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:41:49 -0500, M. Austin <>

> When I was in college we made portfolios out of cardboard. We were
> responsible for bringing in 2 pieces of cardboard. A strip of tape
> secured the bottom, and two pieces of string went through the cardboard
> to keep it closed. I decorated mine with the backs of Reader's Digests.
> ~Michal
> K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
>> Do any of you have ways to make sturdy portfolios without spending
>> money on the materials?
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

To unsubscribe go to