Re: RE:[teacherartexchange] poetry excercises

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 08:59:29 PDT

I had a couple of students move mid-year, so I'll see if I have any
examples. Usually I try to take pictures of every project, but I think I
missed this one. Basically, they all brought in a photograph of nature
(those that forgot to bring one in used magazines). They drew their image on
1/2 of the 12x18" paper, and wrote the calligraphy poem on the other 1/2.
Some students added little traces of color with colored pencils, and those
looked good as well. This ended up being a filler activity as we were coming
up on break, and were finishing up a calligraphy unit, but if I were to do
it again we would go outside and draw from nature instead (course then I
couldn't do it right before Christmas break! *L*) I'll look tomorrow and see
if I have examples to share.
~Michal