Re: RE:[teacherartexchange] poetry excercises

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 07:25:13 PDT

I have several "recipes" for poetry that I use with my students, but the
book is at school. I find that my students really enjoy writing poetry when
they just plug in the proper words. One "recipe" that I know they like
follows a structure like Noun, Adverb Adverb, Verb Verb Verb, etc. but I'm
not sure of the exact structure. I had my HS students do pen & ink drawings
last year and then calligraphy a poem to go with their drawing. They turned
out very nice. I'll bring the book home tomorrow when I take a load of stuff
to school tomorrow.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids