[teacherartexchange] portfolios

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 02:35:28 PDT

Then when I sent in that written report of suspected child abuse to the
Child Protective Services address I had been given, it was sent back to me
by the post office. So I guess that woman threatening to arrest me was just
some kind of street theatre they have here in Richmond for first year
teachers. However the little kid who kicked a kickball at my head and
dented my glasses and possibly gave me a concussion, wasn't street theatre,
he was real. I was wearing my badge the wrong way, on a chain around my
neck instead of clipped on to my blouse, like it was supposed to be. I
guess those little kids thought I wasn't supposed to be on the playground
because I wasn't a playground supervisor. They are a lethal bunch of little
guys out there where I live. I guess my son feels like if he survived going
to school in Richmond, being in the army is like taking a long,
well-deserved rest, since he doesn't have to worry all the time about his
classmates beating him up.

I guess I wasn't cut out for teaching. I'll have to go back to newspaper
publishing. It's just that it's so much work and also there are the death
threats and the constant fear of one's child being kidnapped, which he
finally was.

Jean Womack