[teacherartexchange] portfolios

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 02:08:25 PDT

I guess that's what the old McCarthy era must have been like that, with
people being threatened with being arrested if they didn't give the
government names of suspected communists. In this case, it would be
suspected child abusers.

The one woman whose daughter had a black eye, and the mother said she had
been whupping her and she ran into a door--that woman was there the day I
was fired from that district. She had a lot of friends.

Sorry this is off-topic, but I am thinking of those little preschool kids'
dramatic play where they pretend to be put up against the wall, searched and
handcuffed. I guess they do that as some kind of mental protection in case
it ever happens to them, so they won't faint because they are so terrified
of going to jail, like I always was. There must be some way of working that
up into an art lesson plan. Any ideas?

Jean Womack