Re:[teacherartexchange] On using portfolios

---------

From: Deb (surreal70_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 18:32:40 PDT

Jerry,

I use plastic or paper office accordian files, undecorated except for a name and period number unless the student chooses to do so on their own time. A portfolio might be a good time to practice calligraphy skills but is not an art project. For me it is not a data based thing as much as an ownership thing: owning your art in your space , a visual journey of where you've been and a way to plan for what happens next. I guess we all have our way of doing which fits into our situations. Since teaching art is so wholistic (as in whole person education) the portfolio or lack of one is defined alot by teaching circumstances. Deb/Kent