Re:[teacherartexchange] portfolios

---------

From: Heidi McElroy (hmcelroy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 14:45:48 PDT

Greetings,
I have been skimming the entries on portfolios. This may be a duplicate as I
didn't read everything. My apologies, if it is.
This past year at the end of the year, I gave my students the option to drop
their lowest grade by bringing their portfolios home and bringing me a note
from home saying that their parents or guardians saw their art work.
I got many very nice notes from parents saying they didn't realize how
talented their children were, thanking me for sending the work for them to
see, thanking me for teaching them. Needless to say, they made me feel
appreciated . No one threw anything away in my sight and all portfolios left
the art room. Heidi in VA