RE: [teacherartexchange] asking vrs. requiring parents to help

---------

From: Deb (surreal70_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 13:21:45 PDT

I, fortunately, have been asking for years (15) and have no problems but it sounds to me like we are structured differently. When I started I was told that if I put basic supplies on my expectations sheet then it was ok to require parents to help out. I'm not very savvy at understanding the politics of this but it works. I do let the kids come to the room and get their things when they need them for another class so ling as they do not disrupt. Deb/Kent