[teacherartexchange] Limited budget

---------

From: Tina (teachemart1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 13:07:57 PDT

I teach at a school that also has a very limited budget for the arts.
During Open House, I display a large tree shape with leaves, apples,
etc. on it. I call this the "Giving Tree". I ask the parents that if
they would be willing, to please take a leaf or apple etc., from the
tree and donate to the art room. You would be amazed as to the
response. I collect anything from ziplock bags to tempera paint to
cash donations. This has really helped the art fund and the parents
enjoy donating money to something specific.

Hope this works for you.

Tina