Re:[teacherartexchange] [teacherartexchange]good recycled lessons

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 08:06:57 PDT

Hi, Stacie. I teach middle school and while I have a medium sized budget, I
like to use recycled things for some lessons. One that the kids seem to
really like is talking a short walk for a fairly thin stick and pick up a
1/2 c. of dirt in a cup. We bring them back to class, mix up the dirt into
mud, and draw faces (facial proportion study) with the items on white paper.

Also...hunting for sticks to make monsters or snakes by painting them.

Painted rocks...(see my art website for "Rockies")...into faces

I actually find using recycled things more satisfying than using reg.
supplies myself. Inventiveness is exciting. Toodles....Bunki

Yep...I FINALLY got back on this week. It's been waaaaaaay too long a
vacation from Getty.