Re: [teacherartexchange] Elementary Portfolios

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 07:52:41 PDT

I agree. I find it amazing that, considering how the arts are viewed as
"fluff" by several of the educational community, they are just now realizing
the value of using portfolios as a tool in the classroom. A couple years ago
my elementary principal instructed the teachers to keep a portfolio on each
child, and what needed to be put in it. She informed the "specials" that we
did not need to participate. Of course I had to inform her that I had been
using portfolios for years. I think this is when she really started paying
attention to what I do in my classroom, and became a true supporter.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids