Re: [teacherartexchange] on using portfolios

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 07:30:32 PDT

Who do you get to sponsor the supplies? I'm VERY rural, so can't rely much
on local businesses. If you have certain people sponsor the kids, how do you
find them & enlist their support? How do you handle giving the supplies to
the kids who didn't bring their own? Do you allow them to take their
supplies out of the artroom, and if so, do the supplies come back to the
artroom? Does your district have some sort of set-up to help these kids with
supplies?

My PTO purchases a couple backpacks each year filled with classroom school
supplies. These go to our LSES students and the need is determined by the
principal. Usually these go to kids who truely cannot afford supplies. BUT,
I also have a fair amount of students whose parents just refuse to purchase
any supplies for their kids. Not sure what you can do about these kids.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids