[teacherartexchange] stacey's small budget

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 05:11:33 PDT

Having a regular found item list that goes home every 23 months of so
really helps. Remember your peers, teachers. If you make a beautiful
recycle poster and put some empty boxes in the teacher's that you empty
when full. the boxes will fill. I have a variation of the request list
posted on getty that I can email you if you wish.

you may want to ask students to bring an empty shoe box as well to school.
If you have storage for them , it can have their own art supplies in it.

Re: the teacher's room list request Try something like Looking for any and
all bits and pieces of old craft or art projects from your attics and
cellars... such as any kind of brush,scissors, etc.

Find out who is in charge of the Parent group. Request a meeting, and
explain positively that you sure could use any help. they may be more
interested in a one time item like a paint drying rack, or a filing cabinet.

Be really nice to you custodians, ask them to keep a look out for anything
you might use, old furniture, cast off paper. Truly my most amazing gems
have come form them.

Be very nice to your principal and secretaries. There is usually a general
supply closet that you may have say 2 rolls of masking tape, a tape
dispenser, a box of pencils, paper clips etc from. Be polite and go every
two months a request more.

We had a scissors donation "tree" at our elementary art show. A paper tree
with a basket at the bottom for parents to toss any spare scissors they had
at home. It was a success.

And remember in February of next year, make an appointment to see your
principal, and repectfully ask if they can squeeeze another order off for
you of 200.00 worth of supplies. Asking is free. Try to be attuned to the
time in spring where some money may open up. Randy in sunny Maine trying
NOT to count the days until I return to work :>)