Re: [teacherartexchange] I'm about to cry...

---------

From: Deb (surreal70_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 21:29:58 PDT

I teach middle schools and work on a very tight budget also. I let everyone know how much the kids would appreciate it if we had some donations to make the art experience worthwhile . I asked fellow teachers, the parent team, the local wallpaper and upholstery shop, hardware store, and so on. I also explored grants and minigrants to supplement as well as the collection of Campbell Soup Labels . I ahve received so many generous donations that I can't begin to tell you of them all. In fact so much that I was able to share with other art teachers in fact had to because I was running out of room to put the stuff. The chllenge is of course to figure out what you can make with some of it but I like that part because I began to amaze myself at the things I could come up with. I think it would be interesting to hear what others have come up with from donated items. I will compile and share some of my ideas as well.

Deb from Hoppin Kent ( the students are back) ohio