Re: [teacherartexchange] Two-timers and tutors

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 20:00:26 PDT

>Dear Members:
>
>I will be teaching a Photoshop based course for the
>first time and will have several students repeating
>the course (they did not fail the first time. At this
>writing, I am collecting more advanced lessons that
>the second-timers will complete. If you have a lesson
>that that is high school or post secondary level
>please share. I am also considering using the
>second-timers as peer teachers/tutors twice a week
>(Wednesdays and Friday, up to 20 minutes each time).
>The first-timers will have to sign up for help in
>advance. Please weigh-in. Thanks for your replies.
>
>Y.R.Brown

This is my Self-Portrait Photomontage assignment used by students who had never worked with Photoshop.
http://www.goshen.edu/art/ed/Montage.html
Because the assignment has to be about themselves, I find it a good way to get to know new students. I used it as the first assignment. I find that peer tutors are very useful to help the new students learn the program.

studio phone: 574-533-0171??
http://www.bartelart.com