RE: [teacherartexchange] Elementary portfolios?

---------

From: Deb (surreal70_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 10:46:50 PDT

kRISTA i WOULD RECOMMEND KEEPING AN ART PORTFOLIO FOR ELEMENTARY. KEEP ALL AND THEN PERHAPS PURGE UNWANTED ITEMS AS A LESSON IN DECIDING WHAT THE KIDS WANT TO KEEP. iN MIDDLE SCHOOL I HAVE A GREAT DEAL OF PROBLEMS GETTING KIDS TO VALUE AND KEEP THEIR ART. MANY OF THEM DO NOT RESPECT THEMSELVES TO UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF WHAT THEY HAVE MADE. LEARNING TO SELF CRITIQUE AND SAVE ART AT AN EARLIER AGE REALLY BUILDS THE ME WITH MYSELF RELATIONSHIP WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT AS A LIFE SKILL.

DEB FROM BEAUTIFUL KENT, OHIO