Re: [teacherartexchange] Quiet spot?

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 20:13:50 PDT

II have a single desk in a corner in the back near my bookcases. It is
definitely separate from our regular work area. Lots of times kids will
from someone who is bothering them. Occasionally I move someone there
temporarily to isolate them and let them regroup if they are angry, but
usually it is someone who has gone there on their own for a quieter
atmosphere. Even though it is sort of a discipline spot sometimes, it
isn't seen as one at other times. It is just a nice quiet spot. I set
it up originally when I was teaching writing and doing a writing
workshop kind of class, and carried it over to my art classes.
I teach middle school.
Heather