Re: [teacherartexchange] Sharing a classroom

---------

From: Deb (surreal70_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 07:32:12 PDT

From :deb from beautiful Kent, Ohio

I began sharing an art room with another art teacher a couple of years ago. It can be a tricky busines depending upon the individuals involved. In my case we were the proverbial odd couple with me, admittedly, being the messy one. We worked out a system of yours , mine and ours. This was then negotiated by sharing left overs toward the end of the year. Self imposed rules for cooperation are helpful too; always address concerns to your room mate first, approach with an attitude that all issues can be solved, never gossip or complain to others about internal issues, remember that you are a team of sorts and need to keep it professional. I have learned alot about myself and also have received wonderful ideas from sharing.