Re: [teacherartexchange] Sharing a classroom

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 06:51:56 PDT

While I have never shared a room with another art teacher I have shared with
a science teacher before, and currently share one room with the music
teacher. I would suggest that you sit down and have a good talk before
school begins. Designate which space will be used by each teacher for
supplies, storage, student work, etc. Do you share supplies? If so, figure
out a system so you both know well in advance which supplies you are
planning on using so you don't walk in one day expecting to use something
special and find it's disappeared. If you don't share consumables, discuss
what can be shared between you, and what is off limits. The more you plan
ahead the less problems you will run into in the long run. There will always
be some frustration when sharing a room, that just cannot be helped. I get
more annoyed by the teachers I don't share a room with who "borrow" supplies
and forget to return them (like paintbrushes).
~Michal