[teacherartexchange] African Unit

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 00:30:53 PDT

When I was ready to go off to Swarthmore, my father told me that he had gone
to City College of New York night school for nine years to get his BS degree
and he thought I could do the same thing. Maybe he didn't know that junior
colleges don't give bachelors degrees. On the other hand, maybe City
College of New York gave a bachelors degree.

My father used to get letters addressed to Dr. Myles. When I asked him
about it he said, "I'm not a doctor, but they don't know that."

Maybe he thought I had something to do with him being fired from Celanese
Corporation, but I had nothing to do with it. He did it to himself. I was
just a convenient person for them to blame everything on. I think that is
so sick, to have a young person love her parents so much and for them to be
so mean to her. But when they start working on my eyes with knives, I think
it is time to blow the whistle.

OK, OK, I'll stop writing. I'll stop sending emails.

Jean Womack
http://www.jeaneger.com