[teacherartexchange] African Unit

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 23:10:42 PDT

They should ask my father, how sick does a person have to be before he or
she can get public assistance? Do they have to be in a hospital bed? They
say that having bulimia is like being 90 years old, that's how it feels.
It's true. I had that disease for 26 years. They could have cured me when
I was 16, but they waited until I was about 45 before they cured me. Maybe
it was because my father said wait until it gets bad enough, then you'll
know what it is. Maybe because they called my father Dr. Myles, so he gave
medical pronouncements when he really wasn't a medical doctor at all. I
could have been working all those years if I had had real medical treatment,
instead of more and more antibiotics for infections they never told me the
real cause of. My father said that he thought anyone who didn't pay into
Social Security was his enemy. So he treated me like his enemy for all
those years I was sick. So now you know what they do to their enemies:
they turn them into drunks and they drug them and screw them until they go
blind or get too old to screw anymore.

My parents have a philosophy of work to live. And not just any work. Not
your own small business. They want me to work at what THEY want me to do,
not what I want to do. They don't understand the concept of choice. They
think that choice means what THEY chose for their children and their
grandchildren and their great grandchildren to do. THEY make the choices
also of where the children will live, who they are allowed to get married
to, and who they will associate with and even who they can speak to and who
they can't speak to. THEY have probably told my son to leave me alone and
not to call me.

Just FYI.

Jean Womack
http://www.jeaneger.com