[teacherartexchange] African Unit

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 22:26:12 PDT

Here I am again, sorry to bother you, guys. They took my son away from me
when he was 15 1/2 years old. They told him if he wanted any money, he had
to go to Hawaii. They told him that he was making too much money at his
after-school jobs for us to be on welfare. So I guess he saved up enough
money from his job washing dishes in a restaurant for a one-way trip to
Hawaii where his dad supposedly lived. He went, over my objections. A local
business person gave him a ride to the airport over my objections, even
though I called the FBI and said he was being kidnapped. They didn't do
anything about it.

That had me thrown off Aid to Families With Dependent Children immediately,
so I had no money to pay my mortgage, and my house was on the freeway route.
With my son out of the way, the local men could go on drugging and screwing
me, while they tried to get my house away from me. (When a man does that to
a woman here, it's called "stealing her purse." I think that's African.)
(None of them will marry a woman who drinks or uses drugs, by the way, so if
you are thinking you will find a husband in a bar, it's never going to
happen. All I did was drink, but they put the drugs in the drinks.) But I
was lucky that I had a landlord who didn't foreclose and after a long time,
Social Security Disability came through with back payments.

I didn't have enough money to visit my son in Hawaii and he wrote me saying
that I had to send his birth certificate to him because his dad had said
that he would take me to court if my son didn't do what he wanted. My son
joined the army when he turned 18 and is still in the army. He never calls
me. He is now married for the second time--his first marriage to a
Mexican-American woman failed, but now he has a very take-charge lady for a
second wife. I have two grandchildren whom I hardly ever see. Once every
couple of years. That makes me feel very angry, that I hardly get to see
them or him. He is working in the Pentagon. When I told my father about
that he said, good, maybe now you'll leave him alone.

Now I am once again looking for a job in the Bay Area teaching art, or even
substitute teaching. I am not very good at hanging on to a man or even a
child. In fact the people around here did their best to break up me and my
husband. We did, in fact, live separately for nearly three years now. That
ought to make my father happy, since it seems that he doesn't want me to be
around anyone of the opposite sex unless I am drunk. Everyone is very
frightened of him and does what he wants, except me. I guess that's why he
hates me so much and wants me to be a drunk.

I am working on a series of etchings about horse races. I hope to have them
up on my web site pretty soon.

Jean Womack
http://www.jeaneger.com